Our vital signs.
For those who want just the facts, here’s a quick overview of Memorial Hospital—who we are, who we serve, and other vital statistics you should know.
Founded March 1952.
A not-for-profit community hospital serving Union and five surrounding counties—primary service area of 65,000 individuals.
- Union County population: 40,909 (2000 Census)
- Marysville City population: 15,932 (2000 Census)
Inpatient distribution by County
- 63.7% from Union
- 13.6% from Champaign
- 9.9% from Logan
- 6.0% from Madison
- 1.8% from Hardin
- 1.5% from Deleware
- 1.0% from Marion
- 2.5% from all other counties
*Data reflects cases from Q1 and Q2 2012.
97- bed acute and primary care facility with over 30 additional service lines.
Also have operational authority over The Gables at Green Pastures, a 112-bed long-term care facility offering long- and short-term rehabilitation, skilled, intermediate, and dementia care.
Other hospital statistics include:
- A medical staff of more than 150 physicians.
- Over 375 adult and teen volunteers.
- Governed by a bi-partisan eight-member Board of Trustees
- Gross operating revenue of $161 million in 2012
- Employees: Over 579 at Memorial Hospital and 133 at The Gables at Green Pastures
Facts from our 2012 Annual Report:
- ER visits: 20,531
- Babies delivered: 541
- Lab procedures: 349,530
- Home Health Care visits: 9,965
- Occupational Health visits: 5,834
- Radiology procedures: 43,753
- Physical and Occupational therapy visits: 22,601
- Ambulatory Care Clinic patients seen: 12,594
- Sleep Lab studies performed: 462
- Urgent Care visits: 15,970
- Food and Nutrition meals served: 277,556
- Volunteer Hours provided: 47,716
Expenses as percent of total operating expenses:
- 40% Salaries and wages
- 12% Supplies
- 11% Employee benefits and taxes
- 14% Purchases Services
- 8% Insurance, utilities, depreciation
- 5% Professional services